On November 12, 2020 I presented a webinar for Knowledgeable Aging on tips to save on prescriptions. We talked about a variety of topics on how to save on prescriptions.
- This most important one was Medicare Part D and why your parents need to enroll and check their coverage every year during open enrollment.
- We also talked about how your parents can get a medication reconciliation paid by Medicare if they are admitted to the hospital.
- The other free Medicare program we talked about was medication therapy management or MTM. This is offered by your parents health insurer or Part D plan. To find out if your parents are eligible, contact their drug plan.
- Mail order pharmacies, should I or shouldn’t I?
- We also talked about drug discount cards and pharmacy discount clubs. What they are and how they are different than insurance.
- Additionally, we talked about patient assistance programs. What they are, how you might qualify, and what they pay for.
- Finally, we covered state pharmaceutical assistance programs and other Federal programs for low-income seniors.
This is a lot of information on how to save on prescriptions, but I hope you find it interesting!
If your parents or you want to know more, we offer a number of blogs on how to save on prescriptions on the Sincerae website.